Search This Blog

Saturday 4 June 2016

Four poems of Sayam Suraj.

SOMETIMES.
Sometimes you sleep on a bed of roses.
Sometimes you walk on a floor of thorns.
Sometimes you bathe in the cold rain water.
Sometimes you wither under the heat of the sun.
Sometimes you live in the momentary present.
Sometimes you run down your memory lanes.
Sometimes you foresee the nearby tomorrow,
Sometimes you leap into the future of souls.
Life is so uncertain;
A Layer beneath the layer,
A puzzle, a labyrinth of eternity.
Sometimes it takes a toll on you,
Churns you down to your core.
But sometimes,
You become the rider; bold and magnanimous.
And your life becomes the horse.

TEMPLE OF SILENCE.
(An instant poem written inside lotus temple, Delhi) A thought and I can hear my mind aloud.
A shout from within,
Beautifully loud.
In between, surrounded;
I sit here within the deafening muteness.
On these marbled wooden legs,
This auspicious numbness!
This chaos of ecstatic emptiness!
Gathered around nothing,
For nothing,
With nothing,
In this nothingness;
I have felt whatever I have left aside.
I have left whatever I have felt inside.
And in this moment;
I am beyond prayers,
Beyond the universe,
Beyond myself,
And beyond eternity.
This temple of silence,
This serenity in the centre of violence.
And in this moment,
I am beyond the beyond.
I am at peace.


AN ODE TO REALITY(A fiction).
An everyday voice
A thought unheard
The warmth of people
Forever cold
A whisperer of patience
A chaos of crime
A void in the vastness
An unholy rhyme
I stumble upon, in my dream, screaming like the reality has lost control;
Everybody running
Everybody rapping
Everybody groping
Everybody raping
Everybody violent
Everybody silent
Everybody lie
Everybody shy
And suddenly, this woman yells;
As she yells, crying at the pitch of her gaze;
As she yells, she runs for seclusion around my vicinity.
N the man runs behind, a beautifully violent whip in hand, the man runs behind;
The whip-stained blood on her, the blood-stained whip with him.
The man runs behind, masculinity in his mind, unaware of the inhuman weakness in his soul,
The man runs behind.
Here, over here, by my side, with fear,
Here, over here, soft breathing, I hear.
And as the sun went down,
Her breathing went soft,
And her glow went dark,
And her body felt heavy,
And her man went back.
And then, with a shallow gasp of life, she left.
Yes, the woman left!
All that remained was her beautiful body covered in whip-stained blood;
All that remained were pieces of flesh, humility and dignity, scattered here and there.
And soon, the dream vanished and I vanished,
But those pieces remained there;
Scattered everywhere.



Hypnotic tide..
" Silver satin shimmer.
A chaotic mercury river.
Venomous petals covered in crimson,
flowing on the verge of treason,
dried leaves have come alive,
Water rampaging with hypnotic tide,
Keep flowing; comes an unholy edge;
a heroic sledge on that unholy edge,
Scars on rocks smoothed by the fall,
Brutality hibernates by the water hedge.
Rage;
as fierce as a Viking's gaze.
Rage;
Waits by the fall with an axe ablaze.

Silver satin shiver.
The rise of mercury, the fall of the river."

No comments:

Post a Comment